Well, just as I knew would happen, the stepson took the medicine that was given to him by the hospital. That lasted five days. During that five days, he was actually beginning to act normal. Doing stuff like actually coming out of his room to eat supper, talking to his mom while I wasn't there, etc. BUT, he only had enough medicine for five days. Now it's all gone and it has cleared his system.
So, we are now back to dealing with the crap again. For example, last night, he showed up in the livingroom and asked how he could turn off the privacy stuff on our phone line because it was blocking him from being able to call his "friend". He had attitude written all over his face like he was pissed off at me for blocking his friend. So, I told him that I could NOT block outgoing calls using privacy director and that if he is hearing that message when he attempted to call his "friend" then it was because that person blocked HIM. He didn't believe me of course.
Last night I had to work on a server at midnight. Everyone was in bed and suddenly there was a knock at the door. I got up and answered. It was a cop. He asked if everything was alright. Since this is NOT the first time that my stepson has done this, I stepped out onto the porch and explained the cop that my stepson had been diagnosed with Schizophrenia and he was off of his meds. I told him about the heated conversation about the phone line earlier in the evening and I told him what happens when he gets upset about crap like that.
The cop attempted to talk with the stepson. The stepson would not come out of his room. I'm sure that he was hiding under his bed, shaking like a leaf.
Today, I took the DSL router with me to work. My wife is forwarding our home phone to her cell phone and then she is going to take every single phone from the house so that calling out from the house is not possible. And I'm calling the county to see if he actually had an appointment yesterday. (*doubt it*) If he didn't, then I think we are through here.
*sigh*