I realize that people like my stepson have rights. And "the system" has to provide a framework that also protects their rights. However, it seems to me that since my stepson has yet to be violent, it is nearly impossible for us to get him help when he is not voluntarily willing for that to happen.
Currently, we - his mom and I - are the bad people. We are the ones trying to control his mind. We are the ones that are harassing him constantly. So, now he is completely focused on trying to get away from us. His current fixation is on moving to his "dad's" house in a neighboring state.
Now that he has money - what remains of the $500.00 that he stole out of my account - he is drinking. He is still wigging out while he is awake. For instance, last night, he started listening to our local police band via the internet. He is obsessed with something, and I think that it is that he is worried that I am going to jail him over the money. (Which I still might do just that.)
At any rate, I think that we are going to have to give up on trying to get him some help. He refuses to voluntarily do it saying that we are the ones that are not thinking correctly and he has no problems except for what we are doing to him. I have exhausted "the system" trying to get him in the door. I feel that next for him is violence to get away from us.
So, we told his older brother that if my problem child calls him and asks for help getting his car fixed, properly insured and tagged, then we would let him have his keys back and he can do whatever he wishes. But, in order to stay at our house or come back to our house, he MUST get help to my satisfaction through mental services immediately.
Currently, his mind is so smucked up that I don't think he is capable of getting his car fixed, insured and licensed by himself.
We'll see!
*sigh*