Ayup, here we go for a quick catch-up.
My stepson was able to barely keep things hidden through the holidays. Then he took off last Thursday night again. The next morning, my wife called me at work and asked if I had taken $500.00 out of our checking account in the middle of the night. Duh! Anyway, he wound up calling his brother asking for a ride from a city about 10 miles north of our house the next morning. (He didn't dare call OUR house!) Then nothing... on Saturday morning, he called from jail 15 miles SOUTH of our house asking if we could get him out.
We showed up at his "court hearing" at 1:30 pm, but they had started the court hearing early and he was already back into his holding cell. They had dropped the charges on his "Public Drunk" due to lack of evidence since they didn't bother doing blood tests. They told us that they would be releasing him later in the afternoon but did not give us a time. So, we went back home.
He then called again at 3:30 am on Sunday morning asking for a ride home. he said that he was at a Taco Mac and they were closing and he needed a ride. He gave us two streets that were not even in the same city! We looked up the number from the caller ID and I got up at 0330 hrs, got smucking dressed and went 35 miles SW of our house to pick him up. I arrived at 0420 and he was nowhere around. I went up the road and down the road looking for him. When he had not shown up by 0520, I went home.
at 0800, he called again - this time sounding a little more irate and said that he was at a Dunkin Doughtnuts and gave the street address. It was about 35 miles due West of our house. *rolling eyes* So, I told him that if he left Dunkin Doughnuts and was not there when I arrived, he could just walk the rest of the way.
He was there when I got there.
We drove in silence for a bit. Then I said, "A person that steals $500.00 from the person that was feeding him, clothing him, and gave him a free place to live was a sorry fuck indeed." He said that he didn't know what I was talking about. So I said that I knew that he had taken his mom's checking card, walked to the bank, and taken $500.00 out of our account Thursday night/Friday morning which was fueling his little walk-about. He again denied any wrong doing.
We rode on in silence. Finally the loudness of the silence was too much for him so he said that he had called his brother to come pick him up but he had refused to come. so I said, "Yes, your brother is a selfish little shit." and back to silence.
I said, "So, where were you at when the cops picked you up and took you to jail?" and he said, "What are you talking about?" *rolling eyes* This boy's mind is breaking up faster and faster! So, I said, "Dude, you called us from jail... then we called there and asked what was what and they responded that you had been charged with Public Drunk and you had a hearing at 1330 hrs on Saturday. So, we showed up to see if we could help you at 1320 hrs and they said that the charges were being dropped." He said, "Oh yeah, I was down on Rice Street visiting some friends. It was all bullshit because they had no proof!"
I didn't say anything more and he didn't say anything more. When we got to the house, I made sure I was the first one through the door and turned around in the kitchen and made him empty his pockets. I looked in his smoke box to make sure there weren't any drugs in it. (There wasn't.) and then I walked away saying, "Welcome smucking home."
Later in the evening when he woke up from SLEEPING all day, he was very pissy. So I confronted him and said that if he had anything to say, he should do so. He started yelling about how he had NOT taken $500.00 out of our account and that he was really pissed off about being accused of it all. (A sure sign that an american male has done something wrong when he starts getting loudly defensive.) He demanded that we provide him proof immediately that he had stolen the money. I told him that I would definitely be providing him with proof by having a copy of the picture from the damn atm. that shut his sorry ass up for a few seconds and he immediately switched topics saying that he was tired of being treated like shit and he didn't want to live at our house anymore.
His momma piped in and said, "You have no where else to live and WE are the ones being treated like shit here, not you. We are the ones that have to deal with your bullshit and be nice to you while you live here and then YOU go and repay us by taking money from us, stealing alcohol, etc, etc." So, I said, "Look son, we don't want to kick you out. We don't want to put you in jail. We want to help you with the problems that are going on in your head so that you can then deal with life and get a job." He went quiet. We went back to watching "The Stand" on TV.
A bit later, he came through the living room and said, "Well, I guess that cops will be showing up any minute to pick me up then." And I asked for what reason? He said, "because you think that I stole $500!" And I said, "Son, I KNOW that you stole the money, yet - even STILL - I do not want to put you into jail for it. I just want it BACK!" He shut the smuck up and went to his room.
He was up roaming the house all night until 0600 hrs this morning.
Our next step is to see if we can get mental appointment through my work.
*sigh*