Monday, July 02, 2007

Guardianship

So, I went and picked up the filled-in paperwork from the mental hospital. (The director of the mental health program was the one that signed them!!) Then I returned to work. I called the wife and told her that I had the paperwork. We made the plan to go to a local trivia game/supper and fill them in on Tuesday, June 26th, 2007.

When we were done with all we could do, I made a list on one of the papers that we would not have to turn in, of things that my wife needed to finish, like financial stuff, etc.

On Wednesday, June 27th, 2007, we went to probate court with paperwork and checque in hand. The lady at the court was much more helpful this time in getting things stated in just the right way so that the judge would take our side and allow the case to go forward.

The order of things to come are thusly;

1) Paperwork typed up and submitted by probate worker bee.
2) Judge starts case and gives copy of affidavit to Sheriff's office to deliver to the stepson.
3) A court appointed Psychologist visits son to evaluate him.
4) Court docket is assigned and everyone notified.
5) Stepson receives his free state-appointed lawyer.
6) Court date arrives.

*sigh*