Monday, June 25, 2007

Filling In The Blanks

So, on Thursday, the social worker at the hospital called and gave us some advice. the advice was to go back to the court system and get Adult Guardianship over the stepson. Because he was refusing anymore meds and was getting very hostile about wanting out of there.

Since he was put there under a 1014 (Probate judge ordered evaluation) they could not keep him longer than seven days.

The wife and I rushed to probate court and got the paperwork started for this. We had to deliver part of the stack of paperwork to the doctors at the hospital so that they could fill it out. Which reminds me, I have to pick that whole thing up this morning! Anyway, when we arrived, I tried to get the social worker to come out to the guard desk and talk with us and get the paperwork. She asked us to come into the CSU unit where everyone, including the stepson, was at. I rolled my eyes and in we went.

Just as I suspected, the stepson went ballistic when he saw both of us there. He became very aggressive. I had to laugh on the inside at his fronting. I looked him in the eye and said, "We are not here to see you so back off." It didn't quiet him very long.

Anyway, so they released him on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 1000 hrs. Since he refused help from them and refused to call us, he was released to the street. His mom moped around all damn day feeling like she had lost her son. I told her that it would not take him long to call home and asked to be picked up. Sure enough, he called at 2200 hrs that night and asked to be picked up.

The weekend was very quiet since he spent most of the time hiding in his room.

I guess we'll see where this goes with the whole guardianship thing.

*sigh*