Finally! The stepson has crashed again. His oldest brother called him yesterday and was very brutal with him on the phone He yelled at him about getting a job and then when he refused to he yelled at him about owing him the money he owes for the help getting his car fixed.
Last night, I heard things a little too quiet in the kitchen, so I pulled the ol' getting-a-drink-of-water trick and stepped into the kitchen. The stepson scrambled with something on the island and I commented that my new workout regime was making me thirsty. He bought it. After I went back into the room, I thought that what I had seen him doing was writing a cheque.
So, I woke up my wife and asked her where our cheques were at. She said they were all in her purse which was in the living room. So, we both got up and went into the kitchen and living room. She asked her son what he was doing. He said that he was "making notes" and indeed was just making notes on a notepad that was about the shape of a cheque. *rolling eyes* SO, we went back to bed.
This morning, my wife called and said that he had just left the house 2 1/2 hours ago in his pajamas and she went into his room and found about 25 notes in his trash. They had stuff like, "You need to let me sleep! You are killing me! What, do you want me to die? Get out of my head you demon. Randall is in the bottom half and he is not letting me eat. You have to get out of my head because I have to get a job."
So, I called to a neighboring county's mental health hospital which is better than the ones in our county. They said that self-pay is very expensive and it would cost $1,200/day for him to stay there.
We also contacted our pastor who is also a Psychologist. I asked him if he wanted to take a stab with my stepson. He agreed immediately. My wife is supposed to deliver those notes to him - copies of them hopefully! so that he can understand what he is walking into.
If he fails, we will be committing him again. He needs help, serious help.
*sigh*