So, Sunday morning as we were about to leave for church, the wife comes in all pissed off. She says that she paid the cable bill online and saw that the stepson had "purchased" two porno movies through his cable box a week or so ago.
So, we unhooked his cable line from our room and left him a note on the printed out bill. She circled the porn entries showing where he had rented them and the dates. Then wrote "Unhook your cable box and put it and the remote on kitchen island. I'm turning it in to the cable company. You OWE $26.83 for these two porn movies."
Then we went to church.
When we got back, he was attempting to create rabbit ears out of tin foil. So, I said, you can have the cable signal back as soon as you take the box out. He just ignored me. Then 'bout an hour later, him and his mom got into a big fight about the movies. He was going with the "deny, deny, deny" lie method. So, I walked in that room and told him at this point it didn't matter whether he had rented the movies or not... we were still turning in the cable box. He got quiet again and went onto the back deck.
His mom followed him out there and told him he could have the cable signal back without the box as soon as he paid her $26.83 for the porn movies. They got into again. She pulled the "Look at where your brothers are and look at the sorry state you are in" speech, which she has never done before. At the end, he got all pissed off because he thought that we had crawled under the house and disconnected his TV. I told him that if he went under the house and rigged up a cable connection for his room without our permission, I would literally cut every single wire under the house.
We came to a stand off.
Three hours later, I finally told his mom to connect the cable up because he now understood that his cable TV was at our complete mercy.
*sigh*