Last night the stepson and I went to our local hardware store and purchased the wood and sheetrock, etc to finish the laundry room floor. While we were checking out, the girl running the register had NO clue. She intimated that we should go back to where we got the wood and bring her back a barcode for it.
The stepson got pissed off and said, "It's not my job, you do it." this is not really like him. He is not completely up right now.
Later - about 9 pm or so - he went out and restarted the scrap-wood-fire in the back yard and then proceeded to sit out there for about 3 hours. I threw on the 'jammies and walked out there to suggest that he save some of the wood for a future cold night. He asked if we had any bourbon left. I told him that we did not and that he needed to be very careful about alcohol consumption because it was a depressant. He said, but it's also a stimulant. I gently corrected him about that misconception.
I returned to bed and about 20 minutes later or so, he came in and went to bed.
*sigh*