Saturday, October 28, 2006
We awoke and the stepson was outside. However, a picture was missing from the kitchen. We asked him what he did with the picture and he acted all pissed off like we were accusing him of something. We said it plain English, "We know that you took the painting off the wall in the kitchen - what did you do with it?" Again, he went with the act of being defensive like we were accusing him of something he couldn't understand.
I walked out to the fire again and just sat for a few minutes. I said, "So what's going on?" He said, "Just trying to work it all out." I said, yeah, there's a lot to work out. He made the comment that I started it and it was me that was forking with him. I re-iterated that he needed to call the local county mental hospital and get some help and he said that he would call. I volunteered to look the number up for him. He declined.
We decided that mywife was going to have another breakdown if she stayed here another night so we took off and went to Helen, GA for the day and night. Before we left, I handed him the phone and the calling card for the local mental hotline and told him that if he wanted the voices to go away and start getting better, he had to call them and tell the truth. He said that he would call.
We left.