Thursday, February 22, 2007

Calls from the Psyche Ward

Starting around 4:30 or so yesterday, the stepson has been calling the house, my wife's cell phone, and now my cellphone. He even called at 0530 this morning!

He called me on my cell this morning and I answered, "Hello, this is blahblah" and he immediately started yelling. So, I slowly walked into a phone office at my work and just let him rant. After about 4 minutes straight of him yelling, he stopped and asked if I was there.

I said, "Yup! But if you start yelling again, I'm just going to hang up and turn my cell phone off."

We had a short conversation with him accusing me of fabricating everything and that as soon as he got out he was going to do the same thing to me. I wished him good fortune with that pursuit.

He said that he was going to push the charges on me for raping his girlfriend. I told him good luck since she didn't say that I had raped her. So, he came back with, "What, are you calling my girlfriend behind my back now?" And I said, "She has not been your girlfriend since the summer of 2004. In fact, she refuses to even TALK to you at this point... so whatever. Do you dangest."

Then he asked why I was doing this to him. I told him because he was sick and needed help. He brought up that he saw this as his word against mine and he would win. So I responded with I would do this again and again until it worked because the alternative - kicking him out - would be a death warrant for him.

He hung up on me.

*sigh*