The stepson spent the weekend out. Just out. We don't know where, of course. Given his attitude today with his mom and I, I would have to guess that it was spent drinking.
When I got home from work, my wife was obviously upset. I finally got her to say that the stepson had answered the phone and it was our realtor. The stepson immediately told him that my wife was not home and hung up on him. *rolling eyes*
So I said, "What the fork!?" loud enough for him to hear behind his closed door at the back of the house. He came out and tried to act like nothing was wrong. So I said, "Son, you need to stop doing that." He said, "I don't know what you're talking about." *rolling eyes* There is no arguing with him about anything that requires logic of any kind because he is essentially not here anymore.
We took off and went to a local Mexican restaurant to drink and eat. While we were there, we decided that tomorrow - um, today? - is the day that we are going to probate court and try to have him committed. Enough, is enough, is enough.
So far, we have the following:
1) He thinks that his ex-girlfriend was at our house at some point. (She's never even BEEN to the house that we currently live in.)
2) He think that she took a warrant out for my arrest because I "raped" her and then dumped her somewhere else.
3) He thinks that he pays all of the bills at our house, including the mortgage. (One month's mortgage payment is more than money than he made in the entire year of 2006!)
4) He thinks that someone has put something into his head and his controlling his thoughts.
5) He thinks that he is being followed at all times.
6) He stole $500.00 out of our checking and now claims that he didn't do anything at all.
7) He leaves the house to walk around the block and doesn't return for days on end with no idea where he was.
I think that we'll win that shiite! And if we don't, then I'm kicking him to the curb. Tired of living in fear that I will come home from work and find my wife dead.
*sigh*