Monday, February 05, 2007

Saturday's Slippery Slope

Saturday, the middle brother came over to the house to pick up my stepson for the weekend. He was visibly upset that his mom had not acknowledged his proposal to his girlfriend and attempted to wait on her to show back up from "the store". I told him that I didn't know how long she would be as I didn't even know what store she was at or what she was buying.

So, he called her and left a message saying that if she didn't say something to his new fiance' in the way of welcome to the family, then basically he was done with the family. My stepson was right htere in the thick of it opening his mouth and spouting off. So, after his brother hung up, he tried to call and left a very nasty message about being childish.

I was spitting nails by that time. The middle brother went out to the car. The youngest came back into the house and demaneded to know his mom was acting that way. I told him it was because of stress. He wanted to know what the stress was. Being mad, I just told him the truth. She and I were living in a hell of stress because he was sick and not right and needed to get help. He immediately said, "Well, I live with a rapist and you don't see ME acting this way!" So, we had it out verbally over that crap.

Eventually, I told him that if he felt so correct about me being a rapist that he should call the police and try to make something of it. He immediately agreed. Then I finished my sentence and said that if the cops showed up for any reason, he would be the one to leave and get committed because he was not thinking clearly. He yelled that I was a liar and left the house.

It took me a good 10 minutes to stop spitting nails.

My wife and I have decided that we should not put off creating legal wills because we cannot guarantee where this boy's mind is going to go next.

In the meantime, we are going to start the procedures for having him committed or "1013'd" which will give the government a right to take his rights away until he is better.

*crossing fingers*

*sigh*